Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Am I Really A Part of This?


Not to take anything anything from the tragedy that occurred at Virginia Tech, but this blog was meant to bring some humour combined with my personal thoughts on certain matters (some relevant and some not so much). And after all, who couldn't use a little humour to lighten things up after what has happened?
I am an avid sports fan (avid means HUGE, in this case). I believe in my blood there is blue and white, which means that I am a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL (this means that anyone who lives in the US of A will stop reading this post riiiiiiight now!!).

Since this blog was created AFTER the Leafs choked the chicken and missed the playoffs for a second straight year (probably a good thing, now that I think about it), I have to put my two cents in about this team, cause after all NO ONE in Toronto was talking about the Leafs not making the playoffs this year!!

The picture that I placed at the start of this blog best resembles both the play of this team and the fans of this team, and I am one of them (a fan that is). I am gonna focus more on the fans than the players, cause anyone who watches hockey knows that most of the players on the Leafs are not worth what they signed for (Kubina, Raycroft, Gill, McCabe and so on.......)

I would like to know what kind of hallucinogen these Leaf fans are taking cause I don't think it is out on the market yet. The team sucks ASS and they keep blowing massive leads and what do the fans do??? THEY SELL OUT EVERY GAME!!!!! Not only do they sell out every game but there are a bunch of dumbasses out in the front of the ACC (Air Canada Centre, for any Americans still reading) ready to pay hundreds of dollars for standing room tickets to watch Crosby like he is never coming back again!! He will be back next year and the year after at least twice!! I would never pay money for Leaf tickets! Why the hell would I when I can watch the game on TV or listen to the games on the radio and my wallet will be much heavier for it! I don't have to pay 15 dollars for a small pan pizza that apparently comes with a small block of gold.

The best part are the fans that call in post game when the Leafs lose game 34 to Atlanta 5 - 1!!! Here is a transcript of a phone call that takes place after such a game:

Andy Frost (Host of Leaf Talk, Leafs Post game show): Next Call, Joe from Barrie, what is your
comment regarding this game?

Joe: Hey Andy, I think we should trade Sundin and Raycroft for Crosby and Fleury, what do you think?

Andy: WOW, someone is on the sauce!! Next call!!
I almost feel ashamed to be a Leafs fan when people like this are around! That was my rant on Leaf fans!

More to come later on........I promise!!

No comments: